AEMC Transformer Turn Ratio Tester
The AEMC DTR-8500 is a portable digital transformer ratiometer designed for on-site testing of power, potential and current transformers. When connected to a non-energized transformer, it accurately measures primary to secondary turns ratio, while simultaneously displaying polarity and excitation current. Rugged and reliable, the DTR-8500 is built into an attractive, sealed structural polypropylene case designed to withstand the rigors of industrial and utility field use.
The DTR8500 is fully automatic and uses an ANSI/IEEE compliant test method. No user calibration, range selection, hand cranking or tedious balancing is required. At each measurement, the DTR automatically self-calibrates and checks for open windings/connections/circuit breakers, short circuits (excess excitation current), incorrect test lead placement, and reverse polarity. Measurements are displayed quickly and accurately.
- Designed for power transformers, VTs, PTs and CTs.
- Direct readings from 0.8000:1 to 1500.0:1.
- Display turns ratio, polarity and excitation current simultaneously.
- Dual power supply and operation.
- Display warnings of incorrect lead connections.
- Displayed Measurement: Turns ratio; excitation current; polarity.
- Excitation Frequency: 70Hz.
- Display: LCD Character, 20 x 2, large format, LED backlight, day/night visible.
- Dimensions: 330 x 305 x 152mm.
- Weight: 6.4kg (14lb).